Research Ethics Week: Informed Consent: Navigating Best Practices
Research Ethics Week is an annual week-long series of college and department-led educational opportunities focused on professional development and best practices to promote, maintain, and model high standards of ethics and integrity in research. The Human Research Protection Program's Education Advisory Group and Center for Bioethics are hosting:
Informed Consent: Navigating Best Practices
This advanced session will include a review and evaluation of the top consent findings in recent audits by the Quality Assurance Program and an interactive discussion of three scenarios related to the informed consent conversation. Perspectives from a diverse panel will be shared.
- Jill Cordes, Director, Fairview Research Administration
- Debra DeBruin, PhD, Interim Director, Center for Bioethics
- Elizabeth Duffy, MPH, CCRC, Clinical Research Coordinator, Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare
- Amanda Galster, MPH, Clinical Research Program Director, Children’s Health, Dept. of Pediatrics
- Megan Hoffman, MA, Workforce Development Program Manager, Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Courtney Jarboe, MS MA CIP, Assistant Director-Education & Outreach, Human Research Protection Program
- Susanna Kennedy, Senior Quality Analyst, Quality Assurance Program
- Abbey Staugaitis, RN, MSN, Clinical Research Coordinator, SIREN and StrokeNet RCC Project Manager, Department of Emergency Medicine
This event is open to outside attendees. Contact: email@example.com with questions.